Saturday

Totally Yummy Organic Tea



Art of Tea




I love nothing more than a refreshing glass of iced tea on a hot summer day or a warm, comforting cup of tea when it's raining outside.  I found this cool video the other day on a tea company I happen to think is awesome.  It's called Art of Tea.  Okay, so I admit tea may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you're trying to switch to a healthier lifestyle but you'd be surprised.  It has ayurvedic properties to it and the folks at Art of Tea get that.  They also know how important it is for something like tea to be organic.  Could you imagine all those tiny leaves coated in toxic pesticides?  Ummmmmm, no thanks. If you want to know more about the company philosophy and why they choose to use fair trade products, go here.  Oh and did I mention they are award winning?

If you need any more reasons to love this company here's part of their philosophy.  I lifted it right off their page.
• Recycling of viable business products as feasible, including the reuse of packaging material.
• The use of biodegradable materials for our teabags.
• On site composting, used for soil nutrification in our workplace garden. We compost teas that do not meet our quality standards, any outdated products, and teas used for taste tests.
• Business operation using only sustainable energy sources; no fossil fuels.
• Use of reclaimed office furnishings; desks and dividers.
• Use of eco friendly paint in our warehouse.
• Installation of compact fluorescent lighting in our warehouse.
• Use of energy efficient machinery and appliances.
• Use of eco friendly, biodegradable cleaning products.
• Our billing is done electronically with no paper waste.
In addition to our organically grown, wholly kosher line of teas through KOAOA, we provide our customers with ecologically responsible products, offering them refillable tea tins and eco-mugs that are made from corn. 

How cool is that.  I love when I find a company that I can feel really great about supporting. If you want to try some for yourself, I found you some sampler packs to get started.  I promise you'll be as impressed as I am.
Art of Tea Sampler Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment